WIIT Previews Awardees for Significant Achievements in Trade
Honorees Include Canada’s Minister Chrystia Freeland
Posted April 22, 2019
PRESS RELEASE | For immediate distribution, May 14, 2019
WASHINGTON, D.C. –The Association of Women in International Trade (WIIT) is honored to preview the incredible awardees who will be recognized for their extraordinary leadership on trade at WIIT’s annual dinner, to be held June 12th at the National Press Club.
“WIIT is honored to celebrate the extraordinary achievements of so many women in advancing the value and opportunity of international trade around the world,” commented WIIT President Lisa Schroeter. “Each of these women has made valuable contributions in their respective fields, not only to promoting trade liberalization, but to ensuring that the benefits of trade are recognized and shared across communities. Most importantly, each of these women has made tremendous progress supporting women’s economic empowerment, through trade and through their own example as global role models.”
As WIIT Woman of the Year, Minister Freeland is being honored for her comprehensive efforts to promote progressive leadership in the global economy. The Minister’s efforts to conclude a wide range of high standard trade agreements (USMCA, CPTPP, CETA, etc.) as well as her tireless support for women’s empowerment, gender equality, and human rights for all peoples made Minister Freeland the unique and unanimous choice of WIIT’s leadership for this signature award.
Awards recipients include:
- “Woman of the Year” awardee Chrystia Freeland, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Canada
- “Business Legacy” awardees Doral Cooper and Kate Clemans, C&M International
- “Government Service” awardee Kelly Ann Shaw, National Economic Council, National Security Council
- “Emerging Leader” awardee Hemal Shah, US Chamber of Commerce
- “Lifetime Achievement” awardee Ambassador Judy Reinke, U.S. Ambassador to Montenegro
- “WIIT Program Section of the Year” awardees Jing Zhu and Grace Kim, Trade Remedies Program Section
- “WIIT Member of the Year” awardee Kathi Lunardi, WIIT Charitable Trust Chair