PRESS RELEASE | May 16, 2018
New President and Officers Elected at Annual MeetingWashington, D.C. - The Association of Women in International Trade (WIIT) announced its new leadership for the 2018-2019 term. WIIT's newly elected President is Lisa Schroeter, Global Director of Trade & Investment Policy, The Dow Chemical Company.
"I am honored and privileged to lead WIIT as we continue our over thirty years' work to promote trade and especially women's role in driving progressive trade policy," commented Schroeter. "WIIT is a dynamic and influential organization focused on supporting development for women at all stages of their career, building life skills and serving as a dynamic and vocal community in support of trade liberalization. There has never been a more crucial time to speak up on behalf of progressive and constructive trade policies that will deliver economic growth globally, advancing the interests of American companies, workers, and small businesses."
Schroeter is responsible for managing global trade policy and engagement for the Dow Chemical company. In that role, she is responsible for driving the corporate agenda and advocacy strategy relative to trade negotiations, risk assessment for key foreign investment projects and advancing Dow's commercial interests especially in emerging countries. Prior to joining Dow, Lisa was the Executive Director of the TransAtlantic Business Dialogue (TABD), responsible for coordinating and advancing an EU-US CEO common agenda in support of trade liberalization.
"I am excited to work with the women of WIIT in driving programming and discussions on key trade issues, but also in advancing the personal and professional development of our members, at all stages of their careers. I am dedicated to driving increased advocacy and engagement from our members as we advance WIIT's 30 years of heritage on trade education and professional development.
WIIT also announced its new Board of Directors. Click here to view them on the WIIT website.
PRESS RELEASE | May 16, 2018
WIIT Announces Awardees for Significant Achievements in TradeWASHINGTON, D.C. - At a dinner at the National Press Club, The Association of Women in International Trade (WIIT) presented its annual awards celebrating extraordinary leadership in trade. "WIIT is honored to celebrate these women for their outstanding contributions and leadership in advancing international trade," said WIIT President Leslie Griffin. "We are pleased to recognize women from across our trade community for their efforts to highlight the positive impact of trade on our economy, workforce, and global competitiveness."
Awards recipients include:
- Woman of the Year awardee, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds
- Business Legacy awardee, Orit Frenkel, Founder and President, Frenkel Strategies
- Government Service awardee, Sophia Lafargue, Chief of Staff, Office of Representative Greg Meeks (D-NY)
- Emerging Leader awardee, Shantell Isaac, Vice President, Coalition of Services Industries
Member award recipients include:
- Lifetime Achievement awardee, Holly Vineyard, Department of Commerce
- Outstanding Member of the Year awardees, Nicole Podesta, International Alliance for Responsible Drinking, and Dana Stepnowsky, Wiggin and Dana, LLP
- WIIT Outstanding Programming Section of the Year: Customs, Logistics & Transportation Section Co-chairs Kristen Smith, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., and Susan Zimmerman, UPS
For media inquiries, please contact Mary Simpkins in WIIT's management office at firstname.lastname@example.org.