WIIT invites members, non-members, women and men to our events. We offer a variety of professional development and networking opportunities.
Trade TalksSanctions, exports, NAFTA and more. The topics for our trade talks are endless and are typically scheduled several times a month in various locations through the Washington, D.C. area. We also welcome new ideas, speakers and locations. Check out what's currently scheduled and contact our programming committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to submit an idea or volunteer to speak or host an upcoming trade talk.
Below is a recording of our June 3 co-hosted event with the GW Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) and the District Export Council (DEC) of Virginia and DC at George Washington University titled “Understanding Trump's National Security Tariffs: Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962.” Speakers and Moderators included:
- Marc Busch (Professor of International Business Diplomacy at Georgetown University)
- Halie Craig (Legislative Assistant for Senator Pat Toomey)
- Alan Morrison (Associate Dean for Public Interest & Public Service Law at GW)
- Vanessa Sciarra (VP of Legal Affairs and Trade & Investment Policy at the National Foreign Trade Council)
- Evelyn Suarez (Principal and Founder of the Suarez Firm)
- Catherine Boland (VP, Legislative Affairs, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association)
- Mike Dankler (Chief of Staff for Rep. Jackie Walorski)
- Christine McDaniel (Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center, George Mason University)
- Paul Nathanson (Senior Principal, Bracewell LLP)
- John Saylor (Director, International Trade Group, Commonwealth Trading Partners Inc.)