Student ScholarshipsOur merit-based scholarships are awarded twice per year to support and encourage women studying International Trade and Global Development.
- Applicants must be female and currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time (undergraduate and graduate students are eligible)
- Awards (up to $1,500) will be based on the quality of the assigned essay and the applicant's demonstrated interested in international trade and are made without regard to race, creed, color, sexual orientation or religion.
Application DetailsA completed application includes a 3-5 page essay, accurate and complete applicant information and proof of acceptance or current enrollment in an accredited U.S. college or university. Application deadlines are April 1st and October 1st of every year.
Essay Topic: Choose a U.S. free trade agreement and examine whether it has or has not been effective from the perspective of one U.S. industry of your choice.
- Briefly describe the history of trade relations between the parties to the free trade agreement you have chosen
- Describe the role that your chosen industry has played in trade flows during the same time period
- Analyze the impact of the trade agreement on the chosen industry
- Provide your opinion on the effectiveness of the trade agreement from the perspective of the chosen industry