Student ScholarshipsOur merit-based scholarships are awarded twice per year to support and encourage women studying all aspects of International Trade including commercial relations, trade policy and negotiations, economic development, women’s economic empowerment, and more.
- Applicants must identify as female and be currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time. Applicants must be undergraduate Juniors or Seniors or enrolled in graduate studies.
- Awards ($1,500) will be based on the quality of the assigned essay and the applicant's demonstrated interested in international trade, and are made without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, ability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- One full year of personal mentorship by a WIIT Trust or a WIIT member.
- One full year of WIIT membership.
- One WIIT program based on the topic of the winning essay with knowledgeable professionals from the WIIT community. Scholarship winner will have a visible opportunity to engage in a role in the panel discussion.
Application RequirementsEssays must be on a relevant international trade topic (see suggestions below) and can either be a bespoke essay submission or an appropriately formatted existing academic paper from current class works. Submissions must be:
- Minimum 5, and Maximum 10 numbered pages (exclusives of endnotes, bibliography, if used)
- Typed, double spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font
- In PDF format
- Submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Details and Form
Suggested Essay Topics
- Trade & Development – trade policy impact on Sustainable Development Goals
- Trade & Empowerment – trade policy impact on gender diversity and economic empowerment
- Trade Agreements – select a current agreement and discuss trade impact on a specific industry and/or specific labor/workforce impact.
- US Trade policy – analyze current US trade agreement against defined US trade policy goals
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.